Why are Vitamin Code Raw Prenatal Supplements the Best for Mother & Baby?
A strong, complex, natural prenatal vitamin is essential to support the health of you (and your little one) during pregnancy. A prenatal supplement won’t take the place of a nutritionally balanced diet. However, it can be difficult to consume the “perfect prenatal diet” for your entire pregnancy – especially during the first trimester when some of your baby’s most important functions are forming. A good quality prenatal will provide the nutritional insurance you need to give your baby the healthiest start in life.
You only want the best for your baby – that means consuming the highest quality foods and supplements while that baby is growing. Quality prenatal supplements should offer some key benefits for mothers and babies:
- Provide quality nutrients in amounts that exceed minimum requirements
- Choose organic over synthetic sources for nutrients
- Maintain nutrient integrity for maximum absorption
- Use ZERO binders or fillers in the vitamin (for the most nutritionally dense formula)
Vitamin Code Raw Prenatal meets and exceeds all of these criteria. This raw, organic, vegetarian prenatal supplement is specifically formulated to lower your baby’s risk of developing congenital and neural birth defects in the womb. These abnormalities are often caused by vitamin deficiency early in life – as early as conception. That’s why it is so important for women who are sexually active to begin taking high quality prenatal supplements a few months before trying to conceive a baby.
Vitamin Code Raw Prenatal Nutrition
Image Credit: www.best-organic-supplements.com
A pregnant woman needs a very specialized balance of nutrients to grow a healthy baby. You can see in the picture above that Vitamin Code Prenatals are packed with vitamins and minerals. How will they benefit you and your baby?
- Vitamin A – Essential for eye, lung and skin cell development.
- Vitamin C – Helps the body to produce collagen, which helps create cartilage, bone and skin.
- Vitamin D – Supports development of immune system and bone health.
- Vitamin E – Provides structure to growing cells.
- Vitamin K – Helps speed up postpartum healing process.
- Vitamin B1 – Supports healthy brain, heart, muscle and nervous system development.
- Vitamin B2 – Helps baby’s overall growth, vision and healthy skin.
- Niacin – Allows DNA structure and cell division to form properly.
- Vitamin B6 – Essential for brain and nervous system development.
- Folate – Prevents neural tube defects and serious spinal injuries from developing.
- Vitamin B12 – Supports healthy nervous system development.
- Biotin – Helps your body convert food into energy.
- Pantothenic Acid – Also known as vitamin B5. Stimulates hormone production and helps your body metabolize fats.
- Calcium – Helps your growing baby build strong teeth and bones.
- Iron – Essential for creating red blood cells, which carry oxygen through your body. Also prevents anemia.
- Iodine – Necessary for a healthy, happy thyroid. The thyroid regulates the hormones and enzymes that grow your baby.
- Magnesium – Relaxes muscles, helps build strong bones and prevents preterm labor.
- Zinc – Supports your immune system and plays an essential role in creating your baby’s cells/DNA.
- Selenium – Like iodine, selenium supports the thyroid. It is essential for proper thyroid function.
- Copper – Helps form baby’s heart, skeletal structure, blood vessels and nervous system.
- Manganese – Works with calcium to help build strong bones.
- Chromium – Creates vital proteins for your baby’s skin, organs and tissues.
- Molybdenum – Allows the enzymes that break down materials in your body to function properly.
Vitamin Code supplements also contain 4 RAW blends in each daily serving to further support the health and digestion of mom’s-to-be.
The first is an organic blend of naturally derived mixed tocopherols – a strong source of vitamin E that acts as an antioxidant for your body.
Next you’ll find a RAW, organic blend of over 20 different fruits and vegetables. Ideally you should be eating ample amounts of fruits, veggies and greens throughout your pregnancy. Realistically that can be difficult to accomplish – especially during the first trimester when the sight of greens might make you…a little green yourself. This fruit an vegetable blend will help ensure that you get some of your necessary nutrition from organic foods, even on days when you don’t eat your salad.
After that comes the Vitamin Code customized prenatal digestive comfort blend. This blend includes ginger root and 4 strains of beneficial probiotic bacteria to help combat nausea during the first trimester and smooth digestion throughout your pregnancy.
Finally you get the RAW, organic sprout blend – 12 different sprouts blended together for antioxidant and trace mineral benefits. Some women who are allergic to certain sprouts and legumes might experience some allergic reactions to this sprout blend. I have never had an issue with this personally but if you have allergies to certain grains or sprouts you should check with your doctor before taking these supplements. (You should check with your doctor ANYWAYS before taking ANY supplement).
Where Do “Vitamin Code Prenatal Supplements” Need Supplements of Their Own?
There is no prenatal vitamin on the planet that can provide all the nutrients pregnant women need.
Pregnant women have very complex dietary requirements – after all, we are growing another human being. There is no prenatal on the market that contains the complete daily nutritional requirements for every pregnant woman in one (or three) pills. It’s very important to know what each supplement you take provides in terms of nutrition and what they do not. Then you can supplement your supplements accordingly. How’s that for a tongue-twister?
Assuming that the average woman – with no preexisting issues – takes one serving of Vitamin Code Prenatals every day she will still need the following vitamins and minerals in her diet:
- Calcium (875 mg)*
- Choline (450 mg)*
- DHA & EPA Omega (at least 300 mg)*
- Iodine (100 mcg)*
- Iron (9 mg)
- Potassium (4700 mg)
- Vitamin C (25 mg)
- Zinc (3.5 mg)
- Magnesium (322 mg)*
(*) Vitamins with an asterisk have brand recommendations below.
Remember: Always consult a physician before taking any supplements.
You can get most of this extra nutrition by eating a healthy, balanced diet. I would highly recommend that at minimum you take extra calcium and omega 3 supplements (with EPA and DHA). If you want to get these vitamins through additional supplements, these are the ones I would recommend.
-Take 4 tablets every day. This will fulfill your calcium and magnesium requirements.
-Seriously THE BEST fish oil on the market today. Naturally low in environmental contaminants like mercury. This will give your baby both DHA and EPA omegas.
-Formulated specifically for pregnant mamas. This takes care of your choline requirement.
-This supplement is a natural source of iodine. Great for your baby and you.
The remaining iron, potassium, vitamin C and zinc should be very easy to obtain in a healthy diet. Potassium is found in almost everything and is extremely well-absorbed by your body. Eating arugula and red meat throughout the week will provide you and your baby with enough iron.
Your Baby Eats What You Eat
As a mother I am very conscientious about what I put in my body. This body created my baby. This is the body I feed her with. By eating a balanced diet and taking Vitamin Code RAW Prenatals every morning I feel confident that I’m providing my daughter with the best nutrition I possibly can. BY choosing to take Vitamin Code RAW Prenatals you are making the choice to feed your baby with wholesome organic goodness from Day 1. Our babies are worth it!
Click here to purchase these prenatals from Amazon, or click the picture below.